We have gathered a lot of knowledge and advised a number of small to large organisations.
- We have provided clarity and legal certainty by researching and drafting legal opinions on corporate governance issues;
- We empower our clients by providing easy to understand IT policies and agreements;
- We have advised clients on some of the latest laws, including data protection laws and anti-bribery and corruption laws that they are subject to;
- We have reviewed the Anti Bribery and Corruption policies of JSE-listed entities;
- We have created an Anti Bribery and Corruption Compliance Guide that many organisations have downloaded and found useful to help them with their corporate governance; and
- We have assessed the legal issues and investigated the impact of the King Code on various banks and financial institutions by conducting workshops.
We have a more comprehensive list of the matters we have worked on that is available on request.
Our clients are situated all over the globe and include marketers, retailers, financial institutions, financial advisors, insurers, health care providers, the media, industry bodies, pension funds, directory providers, and many others.
How you Benefit
- Raise your awareness by reading a King IV™ summary or plain language overview of the King Report.
- Empower yourself with knowledge on IT governance, risk and compliance by attending our practical IT GRC workshop.
- Apply the IT aspects of King IV by knowing the difference between King III and King IV, and knowing what actions you need to take. We have tools (like our Compliance Action Plan), guides and workshops to help you achieve this.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest developments by reading our IT governance insights or subscribing to our newsletter.
- Know all the IT laws, rules, codes and standards (including case law) that there are by getting a list of IT laws from Michalsons.
- Apply IT Governance, Risk and Compliance to your specific organisation by using our Legal Framework.
- Get expert answers to your questions by asking for our advice where we apply our experience and knowledge to your specific circumstances.
- Check that you comply by asking Michalsons to conduct an Legal Audit (made up of various components) of IT in your organisation.
- Review your compliance on an ongoing basis – assuring the effectiveness of compliance.
- Reduce the risks of non-compliance (like damage to your brand and losing the trust of your customers) by focusing your efforts.
- Reduce your overall cost of compliance by doing it yourself (with our guidance) and embedding a culture of good governance in your organisation.
- Fast track your efforts by accessing deep knowledge, expertise and experience.
- Ensure everything is privileged from authorities by engaging with Michalsons who are independent professional legal advisers.