We make the law accessible, empowering and helpful. Do you want to attend a legal training course to learn more about a specific law or legal issue? Are you looking for legal training or online legal training or eLearning for your organisation?
It is crucial that the legal training is suitable and specific to the audience. Specifically identified people must be trained on specific topics in the most appropriate way. Above all, it must be practical, and we pride ourselves on getting this right. It is important that the training adds value to you and your organisation. One that is relevant to you and that will address your specific questions and concerns. Your time is valuable and we want to make sure you spend it wisely.
We can help you to identify the right legal training that fits your requirements. The information that follows should give you insight into some of that ways we provide training, and some of the things you should be thinking about. We’re always happy to chat about your requirements and tailor-make something that will work for you.
Our Legal Training Offering
Our attorneys are all professional speakers who love explaining the law simply in front of a group of people. One of our attorneys is an actor by night, one has worked on national radio and another has been an actual rockstar. Most of them have excelled in public speaking competitions. Collectively, we have presented thousands of times in front of audiences from intimate groups of five people to large crowds of 800.
- Executive briefings – These are particularly useful to get the board “on-board”. They are essential to do early on in your any compliance project or programme. It is very important that you brief your executive, board or governing body (like a committee or EXCO) correctly and that they understand the impact that a law will have on your organisation. They need to have an accurate, high-level balanced view of what the law is and what the impact will be on the organisation
- In-person workshops – We have valuable legal content that can be presented simply in various ways. Our expert attorneys with practical experience present on topics relation to our various focus areas. You can find out what legal training we are currently offering and book to attend public sessions, or enquire about private sessions.
- Guest speakers – We are often asked to be speakers and panelists at conferences and workshops around the world, covering different topics relating to our focus areas.
Online training or eLearning works very well, especially when there is a large number of people who need to be trained. Online training also means that you save time on travelling and that you can pick the time and place that is most convenient for you to get trained.
- Webinars – These are live sessions, mistakes get made and it isn’t perfect, but it is authentic, responsive and adaptive. They are generally about 40 minutes long, with room for questions. You watch online from the comfort of your desk, participate in polls, ask questions and get to see the challenges that other people in a similar position to you are facing. The beauty of webinars, is that as we see that lots of people are asking similar questions about a particular topic, we can respond quickly and set up a webinar to explore the new topic.
- Programmes – You can work through our legal training programmes at your own pace. They offer in-depth learning and provide specific practical actions to take. Every module of our programme has specific outcomes, carefully planned to ensure that you know what you’re going achieve. They consist of learning around a topic; actions to take; document templates and guides; recommended reading and other resources; and as well as either live webinars or video recordings.
We offer a simple no-risk, no-questions-asked, money-back guarantee
Things to consider when planning training
You must have a clear understanding of why you want to do the legal training course. What outcomes do you want? What is the training meant to achieve? Is it to comply with a contractual obligation to a customer? Satisfy an internal or external audit requirement? To raise awareness? Plan what action needs to be taken? Awareness training is very different to a planning workshop.
We work hard to ensure that the outcomes that you want to achieve are clear and agreed. Our training is practical.
The Target Audience
We need to work towards identifying specific target groups and topics, and then map which groups need to be trained on which topics. We need to understand who the training is for. Can they be split into different groups? Do they all need the same training?
The format of the material
We use many different formats to train people, from text, to audio, to videos, to assessments, to questionnaires, to exercises. Some target groups learn better by reading, others by watching, others by doing.
In-person legal training – public or private?
Public training is often at a public venue (like a conference centre) and is attended by representatives from many different organisations. It usually costs less and enables you to discuss issues with your peers from other organisations. Our public workshops are at various venues around the country. We choose venues that are central so you can get to it easy, that have adequate parking, good food, and that ensure you are comfortable.
Private training is usually at your office or venue and enables you to discuss issues specific to your organisation that you would prefer to remain confidential. The material can also be tailored specifically for you. Compare going to a U2 concert vs having U2 play at your year-end function.