The Lexing Network is an international network of lawyers dedicated to digital and technology law. The Lexing Network is made up of truly exceptional lawyers who specialise in technology and data protection law in many countries around the world. Our commitment to help our clients deliver their strategies has seen us build a truly global strategy.
Global team. World class results.
Lexing Network Annual Conference
The Lexing Network arranges a conference once a year to discuss topical issues.
- The next conference in 2019 will be in Costa Rica on 13 June 2019.
- The last conference was on artificial intelligence and the law in Paris, France on 14 June 2018. Our John Giles spoke on AI and Data Protection.
- The previous one was the GDPR Conference 2017 in Milan, Italy on 15 June 2017.
The Benefits of the Lexing Network
Multinationals benefit from the assistance of seasoned lawyers worldwide with established competence in the field of new technologies in their respective countries. We work as a single united team with market leading firms around the world and give our clients the highest quality advice possible.
Techniques and businesses are the same in all countries. The only differentiating factor is the law applicable to them. Based on this observation, we have decided to set up a global network to bring together lawyers who each combine unique expertise in technology and industry with a thorough knowledge of law.
Leveraging the network, members are adept at providing clients with global, tailor-made solutions consistent with the legal rules of all countries. We service the needs of international clients or those with international needs. The lexing network offers international clients of each member the same high-quality services as they are used to have locally.
How the Lexing Network helps Organisations around the world
The network is very valuable for organisations in many different countries because many of them are grappling with how to comply with their local law (like the Protection of Personal Information Act (POPI Act). They are able to draw on the valuable resources and experience of the international lawyers who are part of the network. Privacy is an issue that is not specific to one country – it is a global issue and therefore often requires a team of global lawyers to address it. For multi-national companies, we can provide global practical legal solutions. Many countries have had data protection laws for decades and have learnt many hard lessons. We can learn from them to avoid known issues and leapfrog our compliance efforts.
Members of the Lexing Network
Here is a list of all lexing network members, with links, where available, to their websites:
- South Africa: Michalsons
- Morocco: Fayçal Elkhatib et Associés S.C.P.A
- Senegal: SCP Faye et Diallo
- Tunisia: Younsi & Younsi International Law Firm
- Canada: Langlois avocats, S.E.N.C.R.L.
- Mexico: Langlet, Carpio y Asociados, S.C.
- United States: IT Law Group
Central & South America
- Costa Rica: Lex Investments & Services (Lexis Abogados)
Asia & Pacific
- Australia: Madgwicks Lawyers
- China: Jade & Fountain PRC Lawyers
- India: Poovayya & Co
- Japan: Hayabusa Asuka Law
- Lebanon: Kouatly & Associés – Avocats
- Nueva Caledonia: Cabinet Franck Royanez
- Germany: Beiten Burkhardt Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH
- Belgium: Lexing – Belgium
- Spain: Lexing Spain
- Russia: Alrud
- France: Lexing Alain Bensoussan Avocats
- Greece: Ballas, Pelecanos & Associates L.P.C.
- Italy: Studio Legale Zallone
- Norway: Føyen Advøkatfirma DA
- Portugal: APTS Alves Pereira & Teixeira de Sousa RL
- Poland: Traple Konarski Podrecki & Wspólnicy Law Firm
- Switzerland: Sébastien Fanti
- United Kingdom: Preiskel & Co LLP