There are many startups in South Africa – it seems to be a growing trend. When it comes to startup law or the legal aspects of a startup, a very different approach is required. The legal risks or the legal aspects are just one of the many aspects to a startup. The legal aspects are rarely the reason for failure. There is no point spending all the capital on legal. This is why you need a startup lawyer. Someone who knows the challenges a startup faces. Knows that they are looking for lean legal or lean law. Startups need the minimal viable legal protection, to go with their minimal viable product.
How we can help a startup?
We can help in all phases of the startup process:
- Structuring or incorporation, which usually involves registering a company
- Checking that the business model is lawful
- Financing the startup, including getting seed and venture finance
- Regulating the relationship between shareholders
- Promoting the startup and marketing
- Managing the relationship with customers
- Employing people
- Protecting the intellectual property of the startup
We help both entrepreneurs, and investors or venture capitalists. Essentially, we help you to grow and avoid legal problems, difficulties or disputes.
If you are interested, please complete the form on the right or enquire now. We will contact you to find out more about your requirements and give you a quote.