Do you need assistance with labour and employment law services? We provide a few specific services related to personnel management, human resources (HR), employees and labour and industrial relations generally. Graham Giles is one of the most experienced and knowledgeable lawyers who has concentrated on employment and industrial relations since 1981. He has assisted senior management over many years by applying his experience and knowledge and can do the same to meet your specific circumstances.
Do you need Labour and Employment Law Services?
- Are your documents in plain language that accurately sets out the rights and responsibilities?
- Do you have valid restrictions and restraints that are enforceable?
- Do you have an effective procedure for enforcing standards and terminating employment?
- Are your policies and procedures current and legally compliant?
- Do you know how the changes to labour laws impact on your enterprise?
- Have you structured your enterprise into the necessary decision-making levels as required by the Employment Equity Act?
- Are you ensuring that employees are being paid only for the value they create?
- Have you ensured that there are proportional pay differentials to avoid discrimination?• Do you have sound employment terms, rules, policies and procedures?
These are all important questions, and you need services that will help you to:
- avoid labour-related legal problems, difficulties or disputes,
- understand the impact of the labour laws on your enterprise, and
- reduce labour disputes and eliminate unnecessary wage disputes.
Actions you can take
- Get a new employment contract template (made up of a letter of appointment template and a personnel handbook) that is up-to-date complying with the latest law by asking us to provide you with one.
- Check whether your existing employment contract template is legally sound and up-to-date with the latest law by asking us to review it.
- Protect your business by getting employees to sign enforceable restrictions and restraints of trade that comply with the latest court judgments.
- Terminate the employment of an employee who is not performing or whose conduct is unacceptable in an effective way whilst still complying with labour law by asking for our assistance. We can provide you with the necessary documents, coach you through the process and answer your questions.
- Resolve employment disputes faster by asking us to advise you on how to conduct disciplinary procedures correctly.
- Protect your interests, such as intellectual property and confidential information, by requiring employees to sign an exit letter before they leave. We can draft an exit letter template for you.
- Understand the impact of amended labour laws by attending our seminars, workshops, webinars or executive briefings.
- Protect your interests and rights and those of your employees using our specially-developed employment policies, procedures, and all other templates for the workplace.
- Avoid disputes by asking us to draft a simple Disciplinary Code and Procedure for you.
- Negotiate and conclude collective agreements by asking to advise you.
- Avoid labour practices that may be regarded as unfair by asking us to help you comply with employment equity laws and issues regarding equal pay for equal work.
- Comply with the law and with your business needs when paying your employees, by asking us to analyse and report on your organisational and remuneration structure.
- Appoint a director correctly by asking us to draft a letter of appointment for them.