Global Data Protection Laws
There are many data protection laws in many different countries and many new ones have been enacted in 2018. There are severe consequences for non-compliance. Like fines of 5% of annual global turnover.
Our Data Protection Experience
We have an extensive body of knowledge and have advised a large variety of organisations all over the world.
We have assisted clients in all areas of the market, some of which include:
- We have educated hundreds of people in public and private sectors on local and international data protection laws by giving workshops and webinars;
- We have assessed the legal issues and investigated the impact of data protection laws of various banks and financial institutions by conducting workshops. Many of these institutions use our IT Legal framework that has strong influences in privacy and data protection;
- We empower our clients by providing easy to understand policies and agreements;
- We have created legal certainty by performing high-level data protection assessments and GAP analyses on various institutions both locally and internationally that address their strengths and shortcomings in terms of their information security and data protection policies.;
- We have provided clarity and legal certainty by researching and drafting legal opinions on data protection law issues;
- We have enabled NPOs to grow by giving free workshops and webinars to assist them with their data protection and privacy requirements.
We have a more comprehensive list of the matters we have worked on that is available on request.
Our clients are situated all over the globe and include marketers, retailers, financial institutions, financial advisors, insurers, health care providers, the media, industry bodies, pension funds, directory providers, and many others.
How you Benefit
- Protect people from harm by protecting their personal data that your organisation processes.
- Comply with the data protection laws that your organisation must comply with by putting the necessary controls in place.
- Reduce the risks of non-compliance (like damage to your brand and losing the trust of your customers) by focusing your efforts.
- Reduce your overall cost of compliance by doing it yourself (with our guidance) and embedding a culture of data protection in your organisation.
- Fast track your efforts by accessing deep knowledge, expertise and experience.
- Ensure everything is privileged from authorities by engaging with Michalsons who are independent professional legal advisers.
If you are interested, please complete the form on the right or enquire now. We will contact you to find out more about your requirements and give you a quote.