Global Data Protection Laws
- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) in the EU (will replace the EU Data Protection Directive 95/46/EC)
- ePrivacy Regulation on Privacy and Electronic Communications
- Consumer Privacy Bill of Rights Act (CPBORA) in the United States (not in force)
- The EU-US Privacy Shield
- Various Data Protection Laws of Africa (including the Protection of Personal Information Act (POPI Act))
- The Data Protection Act 2004 of Mauritius
- The Data Protection Act 1988 in the United Kingdom (will be replaced by GDPR)
- The Data Protection Act 1988 in Ireland (will be replaced by the GDPR)
- The Data Protection Act 2001 of Malta
- The Privacy Act in Australia
- The Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance of Hong Kong.
- The Privacy Act and the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act of Canada
- The APEC Privacy Framework and the OECD Privacy Framework
There are severe consequences for non-compliance. Like fines of 5% of annual global turnover.