Blockchain law is a rapidly emerging field of technology law. What are the legal implications? We are ledger lawyers (or blockchain lawyers) and can help you with the law regarding the blockchain. We understand what the blockchain is so you won’t have to educate us. In fact, we’re a bit obsessed with the potential for what the blockchain can achieve in society.
How we can help you in regard to blockchain law
- Ensure that you use the blockchain and build offerings on it in a lawful way by getting our legal guidance or advice.
- Comply with data protection law when processing personal data using blockchain technology by getting our expert assistance.
- Comply with other laws that apply to IT by asking us to provide you with a List of IT laws and an IT legal framework that helps you achieve good IT Governance, Risk and Compliance.
- Use smart contracts that are enforceable and valid by getting our legal guidance or advice.
- Make sure you comply with the law when doing things (like verifying a person’s identity) in a digital context by asking us to review your process, identify the issues, and draft a report.
- Ensure the evidentiary value of electronic records by getting our advice.
What is the blockchain
For those who don’t yet know, blockchain technology, simply put, is a decentralised and distributed ledger technology. It allows for the storage and distribution of data in a secure and transparent way. The Blockchain acts as a platform that gives rise to new technological advancements, such as Bitcoin and other virtual currencies. Other technologies that will use the Blockchain includes smart contracts. These are legal contracts that use the Blockchain to self-execute using an ‘if this then that’ logic. Blockchain will also have a huge impact on land information systems.
If you are interested, please complete the form on the right or enquire now. We will contact you to find out more about your requirements and give you a quote.
- We have assisted a global digital currency company to comply with the data protection laws that apply to it
- We have advised cryptocurrencies startups on a number of issues
- We have advised blockchain companies on how to verify identify