Financial Technology or FinTech as its better known is when technology is used to improve financial activities. It is disrupting the traditional banking practices and forces innovation into the industry. FinTech is a broad area that includes:
- digital financial services and electronic platforms
- the blockchain
- cryptocurrencies like bitcoin and ethereum
- algorithm law
- smart contracts
- insurtech (where technology is used to streamline the insurance industry)
- unbanked or underbanked services (services that help low income individuals)
How we can help you
We can help you navigate the complex data protection law issues that all companies are currently facing.
We can draft various plain language IT contracts for you that will regulate the various relationships involved.
We have helped a wide range of clients in many areas that include:
- providing clarity and legal certainty by researching and drafting legal opinions on FinTech law issues;
- empowering our clients by providing easy to understand policies and agreements;
- providing clarity and legal certainty by researching and drafting legal opinions on data protection law issues;
- we have created legal certainty by drafting simple, easy to understand IT contracts.
We have helped a wide range of clients from innovative start-ups, cryptocurrency wallet companies to mobile financial services, large insurance companies, and financial institutions with various aspects of FinTech.
How you Benefit
- Protect people from harm by protecting their personal data that your organisation processes.
- Comply with the data protection laws that your organisation must comply with by putting the necessary controls in place.
- Protect your organisation from harm by drafting contracts that are appropriate for the services provided.