We have specialist skills and experience with regard to IT contracts and IT agreements (or ICT contracts or ICT agreements). We have drafted, reviewed and negotiated hundreds of them. We are experts in legal documents and more specifically IT Contracts. An attorney needs to know these specific kinds of agreements and have looked at many in order to give meaningful, practical and useful insight. We can help.
The Different Types of IT Contracts
Do you need an IT contract (or IT agreement) like one of the following:
- Licence Agreement
- Software as a Service Agreement
- IT Support Agreement or IT Services Agreement
- Service Level Agreement (SLA)
- Support and Maintenance Agreement
- Development Agreement
- Consulting Services Agreement
- Professional Services Agreement
- Manufacturing and Supply agreement
- Sale and Leaseback Agreement
- Teaming Agreements
- Independent contractor agreement
- Sub-contractor agreement
There are many names, but all of these are essentially between an IT vendor and a customer. We call them Customer Agreements and every IT vendor should have templates that they use to conclude contracts with their customers (and a manual that relates to them). Change control is also very important.
Acquiring or Providing?
Master Agreement or Servant?
Often IT contracts are split into:
- a master agreement (like a master services agreement), and
- a Statement of Work (SoW), a Service Description, or an order.
There are various agreements that regulate the relationship between different role players in the channel or supply chain.
- Reseller Agreement
- Value Added Reseller Agreements (or VAR Agreements)
- Distribution Agreements
- Agency Agreement
- White Label or Private Label Agreement
- Collaboration or Teaming Agreement or letter
IT Contract Training
We offer training on IT contracts and Service Level Agreements in the South African context through our practical IT Contracts Workshop.