Is it your responsibility to draft, negotiate and manage the commercial IT contracts for your organisation (whether you’re an IT vendor or user of IT)? It can be a frustrating process taking months to finalise each contract, especially IT contracts due to their unique nature. Many organisations are dependent on IT to operate, which makes the contracts regulating the relationship with those IT vendors that provide the IT critical. A key part of the governing body’s responsibility to govern IT is to ensure that management manages IT adequately and efficiently – this is partly done through having great contracts that relate to IT.
Having drafted, negotiated and managed hundreds of IT Contracts for more than 20 years, we can help you do it more effectively, saving you time and money. Good contracts are an essential part of building good relationships, managing risks and avoiding disputes.
We offer a seminar, webinar, workshop, or executive briefing on this topic presented by an expert with practical experience.
- Know how to draft, negotiate and manage IT Contracts.
- Apply your knowledge in your organisation to re-engineer your contracts and streamline the related process.
- Save time by signing IT Contracts faster.
Is it your responsibility to draft, negotiate, sign and manage the commercial IT contracts for your organisation (whether IT vendor or user of IT)? Our IT Contracts Workshop will help you practically and effectively draft, negotiate, sign and manage IT Contracts.
We have not yet set dates for our next public workshops.
If you’d like to attend a public workshop on this topic but we have not yet set dates (or the location or dates don’t suit you), send us an email asking us to set a date in your city. One delegate costs R4,750 ex VAT. Two or more delegates qualify for a 10% discount. We will serve lunch and refreshments. We limit delegate numbers, so bookings are done on a first come, first served basis. We aim to give practical insights that you can use to be effective. We do not give law lectures! We will refund you if you do not think you received value.
We also offer tailored private events that can be held at your premises on a day that suits you.
- The process of sourcing and reaching agreement, including RFPs, letters of intent, joint ventures, teaming and heads of agreement.
- Defining the nature of the relationship, software as goods or a service, agent or distributor.
- A discussion on key clauses dealing with things like limitation of liability, intellectual property, penalty clauses, software escrow, non-variation and dispute resolution.
- How to structure contracts for flexibility and to manage risk.
- The role of service level agreements.
- The benefits of using plain legal language.
- The laws that have the biggest impact, including consumer protection and data protection laws.
- The parties (and witnesses) signing IT Contracts, including using electronic signatures.
- Managing templates and instances created from them, including change control.
We will provide attendees with:
- course notes, including action items,
- a link to an electronic copy of our presentation, and
- some template or sample contracts and clauses.
- Legal Advisors (corporate lawyers or in-house lawyers) – to save time and reduce their workload
- Contract Managers – to effectively manage IT Contracts and SLAs
- Procurement managers – to procure the right IT goods or services
- IT Directors or managers – to direct or manage the buying of IT goods or services
- Supply chain managers – to ensure the IT component of supply chains runs smoothly
- IT Vendors, solution providers, VARs, agents, distributors and consultants – to contract with their customers
- We have significant practical experience dealing with these specific areas.
- Our sessions are interactive – you are able to ask questions, have your specific issues dealt with, and influence the discussion-points.
- Our sessions are tailored to the attendees – we ask you questions in advance so that we know what your issues are and your existing level of knowledge.
- We do not give sales pitches, which is unfortunately so often what speakers do at conferences.
- We provide insight and simplify the issues, which can only be done after practically applying laws to real business issues.
- We empower you and do not try to entrench ourselves in your organisation.
- We cover the same ground in one day, rather than two. This saves you time and money. We tell you what you need to know, not everything.
A practical attorney from Michalsons. We will ensure the attorney is the best person to present the course depending on the type of course, the date, the specific issues and the attendees.
We provide this course in different formats. Public and private sessions can last for anything from 45 minutes, half a day or a full day. We also provide eCourses that can be done via the Internet at your convenience. We welcome enquiries for more information and details.
Our public events are at various venues around the world. We choose venues that are central and easy to get to, that have adequate parking, good food, and that ensure you are comfortable. We are also happy to give the data protection workshop or executive briefing at your venue.