We have gathered a lot of knowledge and advised a number of small to large organisations.
- We have assessed the legal issues and investigated the impact of the CPA on various banks and financial institutions by conducting workshops.
- We helped large institutions comply with the plain language requirements in the CPA by running major plain-language reviews of their contracts.
- We empower our clients by providing easy to understand policies and agreements;
- We have provided clarity and legal certainty by researching and drafting legal opinions on consumer protection law issues;
- We have assessed the impact of the CPA on organisations, mapped their activities, provided a detailed thirty page opinion, and ran workshops.
We have a more comprehensive list of the matters we have worked on that is available on request.
Our clients are situated all over the globe and include marketers, retailers, financial institutions, high-tech health care messaging service, insurers, health care providers, industry bodies, directory providers, and many others.
How you Benefit
Our consumer protection services will help you to:
- Raise your awareness about consumer protection law by identifying the sections of the Consumer Protection Act that are relevant to you and determining their impact;
- Fast track your consumer protection compliance efforts by prioritising the activities that are critical to your business;
- Get clarity on where you are and where you need to be by asking us to do a gap analysis;
- Find solutions to fill gaps in your compliance by asking us to help you determine what solutions you need; and
- Determine if you need to pay the levy from the Consumer Goods and Services Ombud by asking us to help you.
Through our consumer protection services you either get assurance that you comply or we help you to find solutions to ensure that you comply. We will also point you to material that you can read to get up to speed.
Get a proposal from us
For more information or a proposal, about how we can help you to comply with the CPA please email us.
- Protect people from harm by protecting their personal data that your organisation processes.
- Comply with the data protection laws that your organisation must comply with by putting the necessary controls in place.
- Reduce the risks of non-compliance (like damage to your brand and losing the trust of your customers) by focusing your efforts.
- Reduce your overall cost of compliance by doing it yourself (with our guidance) and embedding a culture of data protection in your organisation.
- Fast track your efforts by accessing deep knowledge, expertise and experience.
- Ensure everything is privileged from authorities by engaging with Michalsons who are independent professional legal advisers.
If you are interested, please complete the form on the right or enquire now. We will contact you to find out more about your requirements and give you a quote.