Looking for a Consumer Protection Act workshop to help you comply with the Consumer Protection Act (CPA)? The CPA has been law in South Africa for some time. We now have a good understanding of the practical impact on organisations. It has had a big impact in some areas, and not such a big impact in others. The question is what are the practical things that you should have done (or must do) to protect consumers.
Attend a presentation, seminar, workshop, or executive briefing presented by an expert with practical experience. We also offer an eCourse on this topic.
- Understand how consumer protection impacts your organisation and its business
- Be aware of the risks
- Get an overview of consumer protection laws
- Fast track your consumer protection compliance efforts
- Prioritise your next steps
- Become sufficiently familiar with the general content of consumer protection laws to discharge your duties
- Understand the context of consumer protection laws and how they interact
- Be aware of the challenges and the opportunities
We have not yet set dates for our next public workshops.
If you’d like to attend a public workshop on this topic but we have not yet set dates (or the location or dates don’t suit you), send us an email asking us to set a date in your city. One delegate costs R4,750 ex VAT. Two or more delegates qualify for a 10% discount. We will serve lunch and refreshments. We limit delegate numbers, so bookings are done on a first come, first served basis. We aim to give practical insights that you can use to be effective. We do not give law lectures! We will refund you if you do not think you received value.
We also offer tailored private events that can be held at your premises on a day that suits you.
- What does the CPA cover? We will go through the entire Act with you.
- Why consumer protection matters – the top risks for organisations and individuals
- What must an organisation comply with?
- Who is responsible?
- An overview of related laws, rules, codes and standards
- Overview of the Consumer Protection Act:
- What is it and what is the current status? What are the time lines?
- A heads up
- Important definitions
- Implementing an effective compliance program
- The questions you should be asking
- Finding answers
- The documents that will be affected
- How will the CPA affect organisations? What is going to have the biggest impact? Some practical implications:
- Your documents
- Promotional competitions and other marketing efforts
- Are you liable for damages caused by the goods your supply?
- When you display the wrong price
- Bundling under the CPA
- Do you need additional insurance?
- Why you NEED to use plain language?
- Take Home points and Action items
Business people and managers – not consumers.
- Directors (executive and non-executive, CEOs and FDs) – to discharge their legal duties and direct the course of the organisation
- CAEs, auditors and assurance providers (internal and external) – to audit and provide assurance
- CROs and Risk Managers – to manage risks
- Compliance officers – to effectively comply with consumer protection laws
- Legal advisors (corporate lawyers or in-house lawyers) – to provide good legal advice on consumer protection issues
- We have significant practical experience dealing with these specific areas.
- Our sessions are interactive – you are able to ask questions, have your specific issues dealt with, and influence what gets discussed.
- Our sessions are tailored to the attendees – we ask you questions in advance so that we know what your issues are and your existing level of knowledge.
- You are able to network with other people at the event.
- We do not give sales pitches, which is unfortunately so often what speakers do at conferences.
- We provide insight and simplify the issues, which can only be done after practically applying POPI to real business issues.
- We empower you and do not try to entrench ourselves in your organisation.
- The topic gets covered more comprehensively when one person leads the discussion for a day, rather than many different people covering the same ground. It is not different people covering the same issues superficially in different ways.
- We cover the same ground in one day, rather than two. This saves you time and money. We tell you what you need to know, not everything.
One of the practical attorneys from Michalsons. We will pick the best attorney to present depending on the type of course, the date, the specific issues and the audience.
We provide this course in different formats. Public and private sessions can last for anything from 45 minutes, half a day or a full day. We also provide eCourses that can be done via the Internet at your convenience. We welcome enquires for more information and details.
Our public events are at various venues around the world. We choose venues that are central and easy to get to, that have adequate parking, good food, and that ensure you are comfortable. We are also happy to give the Consumer Protection Act workshop or executive briefing at your venue.