Complying with advertising law and marketing law is important because otherwise, you can get yourself into some serious trouble. Advertising and marketing are just as important as they have always been to the success of organisations. Especially digital marketing, electronic marketing, online marketing, social marketing or mobile marketing, whatever you want to call it. In the digital context, you need to be especially careful to stay clear of legal problems, difficulties or disputes. The models may have changed to content marketing, relationship marketing, in bound marketing or lifecycle marketing, but the principles remain the same.
The law has adapted to deal with digital marketing and the legal changes impact on all forms of marketing and advertising. We focus on digital advertising and marketing law. We have a keen interest in digital marketing and advertising, and have been using it to market Michalsons for many years.
How we can help you regards marketing law
- Learn how to market without breaking the law by attending a seminar, webinar, workshop, or executive briefing.
- Stand out from the crowd by establishing a brand.
- Avoid legal problems whilst advertising using digital ads, like Google Adwords, by knowing how not to infringe the trademarks of others.
- Promote your offerings by running lawful promotional competitions by getting our assistance.
- Run a lawful loyalty programme.
- Manage your relationships with sponsors or sponsor events.
- Lawfully process personal information (or protect data) whilst marketing.
- Ensure your email and SMS marketing is lawful.
- Stop others from using your trademarks.
- Manage your relationship with advertisers by providing you with an advertising agreement and insertion order.
- Regulate your relationships with affiliates with an Affiliate Programme Agreement.
- Know the impact of data protection laws (like POPI) on your marketing by attending a seminar, webinar, workshop, or executive briefing.
Advertising Law around the World
These laws have a big impact on all forms of marketing and advertising, including digital, online, social and mobile.
- Consumer protection laws obviously have a big impact. For example, the Consumer Protection Act (CPA) has commenced and it has a huge impact – the playing field has changed.
- Data protection laws are also very relevant, especially to electronic marketing. For example, the Protection of Personal Information Act (POPI) is also going to have a huge impact, especially on direct electronic marketing.
- Countries often have advertising standards authorities, like the ASA.
- There are associations who have codes of conduct.
If you are interested, please complete the form on the right or enquire now. We will contact you to find out more about your requirements and give you a quote.