Intellectual property protection, copyright protection or digital rights management is vital for most organisations. In the knowledge economy, often the biggest asset of an organisation is its intellectual property (IP). A lot of money and time goes into creating IP – it must be protected. For example, the rights to a database is often a crucial question. You have to be able to prove ownership and be able to take steps to protect it. Some require proactive steps, while others are automatic.
- Provide you with NDA templates to keep ideas confidential.
- Conduct an IP audit for you so you know what IP you have.
- Provide you with an Intellectual Property Grid, which sets out the key points of IP.
- Does the employer own IP by default?
- Can an employee claim ownership of IP?
- Does a contractor own IP created by default?
- Ensure you own the copyright to works.
- How do I transfer ownership?
- Help you decide where in the world your IP should be owned and by whom.
- Draft an agreement to assign, transfer or sell intellectual property from one person to another.
- Draft (or review) an employment contract (or the relevant clauses in it) to secure ownership of your IP.
- Draft (or review) an independent contractor agreement, development or assignment agreements that deal with ownership of IP.
- Do I have to do anything to claim copyright?
- Help you register a trademark or a domain name.
- Can I patent software?
Intellectual Property Protection
- Help you to protect your website or other works.
- Stop someone from using a domain name that includes your trademark.
- Stop someone from infringing your copyright.
- Get your copyrighted works taken down from someone else’s website.
- Advise on policies and procedures to protect an organisation’s IP.
- Draft an employee exit letter to protect the IP of the organisation.
- Give you a legal opinion on a particular question (like the interpretation of IT contracts or registering a patent for software).
Transferring Intellectual Property Offshore
- We can help you to lawfully transfer intellectual property offshore, especially from South Africa to another country (like Mauritius).
If you are interested, please complete the form on the right or enquire now. We will contact you to find out more about your requirements and give you a quote.