We can help you to amend, convert, draft or create a memorandum of incorporation. Under the new Companies Act, all companies must convert their existing “memorandum and articles of association” to a “memorandum of incorporation” or “MOI” to bring it in line (harmony) with the Companies Act.
On 1 May 2011 the “Memorandum and Articles of Association” were renamed the Memorandum of Incorporation (MOI or Memorandum). It is the same document, it just got a new name. By 1 May 2013, every company that existed before 1 May 2011 (called a “pre-existing company”) needed to amend its Memorandum to bring it in line (harmony) with the new Companies Act. If you haven’t done this, we can prepare the documents you need to do this and help you with the process. If you’d like us to help you amend a memorandum quickly and easily, just email us your details and we will contact you.
How you benefit
- Bring the memorandum of incorporation in line with (in harmony) the new Companies Act
- Ensure that the rights, duties and responsibilities of shareholders, directors and others within and in relation to a company are clearly set out
- Avoid disputes between shareholders and directors
We have been helping many clients with their MOIs and shareholders agreements and have developed many clever ways of bringing them up-to-date quickly and easily. For example, using questionnaires and templates. By using our service you can:
- save time by doing it faster,
- save money by getting doing it right.
What is the process?
- You answer an initial questionnaire to establish your requirements.
- We recommend what needs to be done and quote you a fixed price.
- You accept our quote and pay us.
- You answer a further questionnaire.
- We create the necessary documents customised for you. You review and approve them.
- The relevant people sign them.
- They get filed with CIPC.
How long does it take?
About 5 minutes to complete the initial questionnaire. About 24 hours for us to quote you a fixed price. About 20 minutes for you to complete the second questionnaire. About five days for us to create the necessary documents. It is not possible to estimate how long it will take CIPC to amend the memorandum once the documents have been filed with CIPC.
Who is a memorandum of incorporation for?
It is for directors and shareholders. It is for any enterprise that is in business.
If you are interested, please complete the form on the right or enquire now. We will contact you to find out more about your requirements and give you a quote.
Do you amend memoranda for your clients?
We can help you to explain to your clients why they need to amend their memorandum of incorporation. Secure old or create new streams of revenue for you. Enhance your brand and value proposition in the eyes of your clients. We also offer special rates if you plan to do more than 20. To discuss how we can help you, contact us.