Company law and the relationship between shareholders is the foundation of all organisations. You can be a sole proprietor, but otherwise you need a legal person or entity to operate. You need to get it right. We provide various services that relate to how company law affects companies and close corporations. We have specific knowledge and experience on the Companies Act and Companies Regulations, and CIPC (or CIPRO). We like to ensure that you understand the potential opportunities and pitfalls of these Acts and regulations, to ensure you are protected and that your experience is a positive one.
What we offer regards company law
- Understand company law (like the Companies Act) and the impact on your organisation by attending a workshop or reading this website.
- Structure your business correctly from a local perspective and draft the agreements required to achieve that.
- Ask us to register a company for you. It is better to register a new company rather than buy a shelf company.
- Tailor your company for your requirements by asking us to draft or amend a memorandum of incorporation (memorandum) for a company.
- Manage the relationship between shareholders by asking us to draft a new shareholders agreement or review your old shareholders agreement. The shareholders can also attend a shareholder workshop.
- Appoint a director or change a director correctly.
- Sell or exit your company or business by asking us to draft a Sale of Shares Agreement or Sale of Business Agreement.
- Issue shares to a shareholder of a company by asking us to do it for you.
- Ensure that key people are vested in the organisation’s success by getting our advice.
- Comply with company law by asking us to review your documents to ensure that they are in line.
- Grow, restructure or exit your company through mergers and acquisitions.