Do you want to sell a members interest in a close corporation (CC) to another person? It is easy to do, and very similar to selling shares in a company. For example, one person owns 100% of the members interest in a CC and they want to sell the CC to another person. Or two people each own 50% and one of them sells their 50% to another person. They would enter into a Sale of Members Interest Agreement regulating the sale. Remember that only a natural person or a trust can be a member of a CC.
The agreement deals with important issues like:
- How much will the buyer pay and when?
- When does benefit and risk pass?
- Does the seller give any warranties?
- How will disputes be resolved?
Who is a Sale of Members Interest Agreement suitable for?
The members of any close corporation.
What you get?
The agreement will be:
- drafted in plain language so you can understand it
- up-to-date with the lastest law
- includes the latest alternative dispute resolution clause
- in editable format so you can make changes
- well structured
We will answer your questions and ensure that you do it correctly.
What is the process?
- We will ask you various questions and gather the necessary information.
- We create the necessary document customised for you. You review and approve it.
- We send you a final version of the agreement and the relevant people sign them.
If you are interested, please complete the form on the right or enquire now. We will contact you to find out more about your requirements and give you a quote.