We can conduct an website audit for you to ascertain the extent to which your website complies with applicable law. This is different to where we do a review of a particular automatic or electronic process. Often they are related because a website may have one or more automatic or electronic processes.
How you benefit from a website audit
- Grow your business by building trust with the visitors to your website
- Avoid legal problems, difficulties, and disputes by managing your legal risks
- Avoid costly litigation
- Avoid fines and imprisonment by complying with the laws related to website and electronic transactions
- Follow best practice
The legal issues we focus on
We focus on, amongst others, issues around:
- the design of the website (different issues flow from whether it was developed and designed in-house or by an outside advertising agency or website developer),
- the contractual terms – terms and conditions and privacy policies,
- so-called website “linking” and “framing”,
- trade marks,
- domain names,
- payment mechanisms,
- consumer protection, and
- the processing of personal information – privacy and data protection.
A practical Website Audit Report that translates into action
The deliverable is a written website audit report. The audit report includes a table setting out:
- The compliance or risk issue
- Our observation or the current status
- Whether the website is compliant or not
- Whether there is a risk or not
- Our suggested recommendation or control
The report also includes an action plan to ensure that the audit results in action being taken that adds value to the website and the website owner.
If you are interested, please complete the form on the right or enquire now. We will contact you to find out more about your requirements and give you a quote.