Electronic communications regulation is important on various levels. The use of electronic communications (like mail, email or SMS) needs to be regulated. And the providers (services providers or operators) of electronic communications networks need to be regulated. This is often referred to telecommunications law. Our team (together with people with whom we partner) have deep skills in the laws, rules, codes and standards that relate to electronic communications. We have world class credentials.
The Use of Electronic Communications
Electronic communications take many forms:
- electronic voice communications, VOIP,
- electronic mail (or email), texts, SMS, OTT services like WhatsApp, faxes,
- electronic registered mail, registered post, eRegistered post or certified post,
- social media messages.
We can help you with Electronic Communications Regulations
We can help you:
- to lawfully direct market to people using electronic communications, including by complying with the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003,
- with email compliance, including email disclaimers,
- to ensure your notifications or communications (like electronic registered mail) with your customers or debtors are legally binding and enforceable,
- amend your contracts by electronic communications like email and SMS,
- conclude binding contracts using electronic communications,
- to comply with electronic communications laws, rules, codes and standards (like the ECT Act)
- to lawfully intercept and monitor electronic communications,
- to comply with your obligations under cyber crime laws (like the Cybercrimes Bill)
Regulation of Networks
We can help you:
- Limit your liability as an intermediary,
- comply with laws (like the Electronic Communications Act in South Africa),
- with mobile and fixed line interconnect,
- with International undersea cables,
- with WASP agreements,
- with Premium Rated SMS, MMS, USSD, IVR and WAP rollouts,
- obtain an Electronic Communications Network Service (ECNS) and Electronic Communications Service (ECS) licensing,
- Numbering plans,
- Spectrum use.
If you are interested, please complete the form on the right or enquire now. We will contact you to find out more about your requirements and give you a quote.