Digital entertainment law is an emerging field of law and goes by many names (game law, interactive entertainment law, video game law, or computer game law). Digital entertainment lawyers or game lawyers need to have a blend of various skills. They need to:
- know and love games,
- understand technology and
- have solid knowledge and experience of the law and how it impacts on games.
In Nick Hall and Kevin Hoole, we have two such attorneys. They are both fanatical about games, and Nick is the current chairperson of Make Games South Africa, an Association of Game Makers. Nick has also recently been inducted into the Video Game Bar Association.
How we can help you
Our clients include both local and international game developers, distributors and eSports clubs. We help them with various legal solutions, including:
- business structuring and registering a company,
- agreeing a shareholders agreement,
- contracting with employees and contractors,
- transferring IP offshore,
- licensing agreements, and
- complying with the law and legal opinions.
Interested in Digital Entertainment Law?
If you are interested, please complete the form on the right or enquire now. We will contact you to find out more about your requirements and give you a quote.