The laws that apply to selling goods online have been quite radically changed by the commencement of the Consumer Protection Act (CPA). Online retailers and service providers have the extra burden, that the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act (ECT) interfaces quite heavily with the CPA and can make the interpreting of a suppliers obligations quite difficult.
We offer a seminar or webinar that aims to help people understand what they need to do to become CPA compliant, and how best to implement this solution.
What do we cover?
- The relevant sections of the Consumer Protection Act, including the sections dealing with unfair terms and conditions and prohibited terms.
- How the Consumer Protection Act and Electronic Communications and Transactions Act interact.
- Specific challenges websites face to become CPA compliant.
- How to change Returns Policies to become CPA compliant.
- The various strategies organisations can follow in order to make their online presence CPA compliant.
- Know the how to change your online offering to be CPA compliant
- Understand your obligations under the CPA
- Be aware of the latest laws
- Get a working understanding of the laws that relate to online retailers and service providers
- Understand the practical impact on you
- Be able to answer the questions of your clients
- Be able to service your clients
Who should attend? Why should they be aware of the laws?
- Anyone who operates a website or e-commerce store – to do it in accordance with the law
- Compliance officers – to effectively comply with the laws
- Legal advisors (corporate lawyers or in-house lawyers) – to provide good legal advice on the related issue
Very intelligent, experienced and educated people often attend our workshops. They usually know more about their fields than we do, so we see ourselves as facilitators helping the group to explore the topic. We always encourage people to add their value at any stage.
Who is the presenter?
Nicholas is currently helping many organisations and people understand the latest laws regards the Consumer Protection Act and how it relates in the digital world. He has given numerous presentations on the topic, to business and at conferences.
How long is it?
The seminar and webinar are each 45 minutes.
What does it cost?
Please email us asking for a quote.
We are happy to give the seminar at your venue.
The webinar is online. It is live, so you can ask questions to make sure that you get the information you are looking for. If you want a personal in-house seminar at your offices, please contact us and we will send you a quote.
If you are interested, please complete the form on the right or enquire now. We will contact you to find out more about your requirements and give you a quote.