Investing in a whistleblowing policy is an excellent way to facilitate responsible, beneficial disclosures in your organisation. It can be difficult to create a workplace culture that facilitates disclosures. Who should employees make the disclosure to? Will they risk losing their jobs if they disclose information? A whistleblowing policy can answer these questions and help your organisation maximise the benefits of whistleblowing.
Why should an organisation encourage whistleblowing?
Whistleblowing or protected disclosures are a way of reporting corruption, discrimination, malpractices and other illegal or unethical activities within an organisation. It is an important tool for organisations to use in their anti-bribery and corruption compliance. By actively taking steps to ensure that whistleblowing happens safely and responsibly, an organisation can limit when a security breach takes place.
What issues will a whistleblowing policy deal with?
We can draft an whistleblowing policy that is tailored to your needs. We have extensive experience in access to information, labour, information security, and data privacy law. We use this experience to balance out all the competing interests of the parties involved in whistleblowing to create a policy that answers all the important questions, such as:
- What is a whistleblowing issue?
- When is it legally required to disclose certain information?
- What procedure should an employee follow if they want to disclose something?
- Who can they talk to?
- What happens to whistleblowers?
- What happens if whistleblowers are victimised in the workplace?
- What happens if no one discloses any corruption possibly taking place?
Actions you can take
- Facilitate effective and responsible whistleblowing within your organisation and eliminate corruption by asking us to provide you with a Whistleblowing Policy.
- Educate your staff on anti-bribery and corruption compliance by asking us to provide training and to advise you on the best practices you need to have in place in your organisation.
- Comply with your corporate responsibilities by asking us to draft an effective Anti-bribery and Corruption policy for you.
- Improve your existing Anti-bribery and Corruption policy by asking us to review it for you.
If you are interested, please complete the form on the right or enquire now. We will contact you to find out more about your requirements and give you a quote.