Know, understand and apply the principles for determining the “dismissals” regarded as automatically unfair, in the sense that employers are not able to defend any such “dismissals”.
Persons who prove:
- an employment relationship,
- a “dismissal” and
- automatic unfairness
are entitled to reinstatement, re-employment or compensation, limited to 24 months remuneration.
However, strangely if there is proof of unfair discrimination (except pregnancy) employers are able to justify terminations, despite such discrimination, if there is an inherent job requirement or the normal or agreed retirement age is reached [s187(2)].
What you get?
We will provide you with:
- the outline of this topic
- references to all relevant resources, including the Act and textbooks
- relevant articles and judgements – including links to the primary source where possible
- audio files of Graham Giles lecturing on the topic – he has 40 years of practical experience on the topic
In short, you get everything you need to be up-to-speed on this topic fast – just in time!