We practice law to create a better society and protect people from harm.
We believe that one of the key ways of achieving sustainability is by listening to our clients, understanding what they need and delivering practical legal solutions. Building authentic relationships based on mutual respect, with our clients, the Michalsons team and our suppliers, ensures long-term engagement.
Corporate Social Investment
We believe we can contribute most effectively when we apply our legal expertise to organisations working in the public interest, particularly those working to strengthen awareness of our constitution and human rights and those organisations working to support a robust civil society.
- Wikipedia because it is important that everyone is able to learn and access information.
- We have identified three organisations that meet the above criteria and will be providing them with legal services, like website terms and privacy policies, that will ensure that they are operating within the appropriate legal framework.
- Saflii because we believe that the law should be accessible. We encourage other organisations to donate and support Saflii too.
Please contact us if you think your non profit organisation would benefit from this type of support.
Pro Bono (Free Legal Services)
Most people are able to pay others for what they need or us for the legal services that we provide. But there are some people who for various reasons genuinely can’t.
We sometimes provide free legal services to:
- New entrepreneurs looking to startup a business by advising them and giving them tools, because they will create jobs and develop the economy.
- Consumers who need protection (especially the poor and uneducated) by advising them of their rights.
- Victims of Identity Theft by guiding them on how protect themselves, because having your identity stolen is devastating.
- Students by inviting them to attend our workshops, because they need to see the practical side of law and the law being applied in the real world.