The number of online or interactive gambling sites (or apps) have increased significantly over the years. So have online lotteries. They are run from many countries all over the world. We’ve all seen those advertisements for online poker games, or web banners advertising foreign lotteries. You may have even entered into a few… But are they legal? People often ask us questions.
- Is it legal for me to participate in one? If I’m South African, is it legal for me to gamble on a foreign interactive gaming site or enter a foreign lottery?
- Can I advertise interactive gambling or a foreign lottery on my media space that I own?
- Is it legal to start and run an online gambling site (or app)?
We can provide you with a legal opinion to answer these questions.
How you benefit
- Know the applicable law and regulations.
- Get an up-to-date summary of what the law in this area is.
- Implement a successful gaming or foreign lotteries project.
- We have painstakingly researched and reviewed current legislation, and the most recent case law to be able to give you an accurate assessment of the issues.
Who does Interactive Gambling and Foreign Lotteries Opinion apply to?
People who currently or intend to participate, advertise or run online gambling sites and foreign lotteries in South Africa.
If you are interested, please complete the form on the right or enquire now. We will contact you to find out more about your requirements and give you a quote.