Thank you for your support – we really appreciate it. You are the reason Michalsons has been in existence for more than a decade and why it continues to grow. Your interesting (and often challenging) instructions and questions are what excite us and keep us going. We love practising the brand of law we practise in a new innovative way. You are the reason why we do it and you also enable us to do it. So, thank you.
We have delivered many practical legal solutions this year and believe we’ve:
- contributed to making society better
- protected people from harm and built relationships
- helped organisations grow and avoid legal problems.
When we’re closed
We need a break, so we’ll be closed from 21 December 2015 to 4 January 2016. We look forward to continuing working with you in 2016.
The key legal developments of 2015
Some of the highlights of 2015 relevant to our focus areas were:
- POPI did not commence and was delayed to 2016. Despite this many people made significant progress towards compliance.
- The Cybercrimes and Cybersecurity Bill was released for comment.
- The PAIA Manual deadline was extended again.
- A new levy was placed on consumer businesses.
- The process to amend our Copyright laws continued.
- South Africa was one of the first countries to get drone laws.
- Robot law started to rise as a specialist area.
- The regulation of the internet increased.
- The legal status of electronic signatures was confirmed.