This is the ICT Weekly Update on legal, regulatory and policy developments in the ICT industry prepared by Lisa Thornton Inc for clients and colleagues. Michalsons reproduces it, in part, here with the permission of Lisa Thornton Inc.
NEW FINDINGS, JUDGMENTS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS
- ICASA published its bi-annual tariff analysis report.
PENDING PROCEEDINGS – REPRESENTATIONS DUE
Draft Code of Advertising for Broadcasting Comment is due 26 April 2019.
Consultation Paper on the Licensing of PMR 446 Radios, due 2 May 2019.
PENDING PROCEEDINGS – OUTCOME AWAITED
- Postal Services Amendment Bill
- Competition Amendment Bill
- Ikamva National e-Skills Bill
- Critical Infrastructure Protection Bill
- Copyright Amendment Bill
- Cybercrimes and Cybersecurity Bill
- Films and Publications Amendment Bill
- Protection of State Information Bill
- Policy direction re the introduction of digital sound broadcasting
- Review of the public broadcasting sector.
- New tariffs in terms of the Films and Publications Act
- Appointments to the Evaluation Panel
- Draft Community Broadcasting Support Scheme
Telecommunications and Postal Services
- Appointments to the Presidential Commission on the Fourth Industrial Revolutions
- Policy directions on the licensing of high demand spectrum.
South African Law Reform Commission
Justice and Constitutional Development
Science and Technology
City of Johannesburg