Non profit organisations need to comply with data protection laws. If you’re responsible for a non profit you need to learn about data protection for non profits and the laws that apply to you. This will enable you to lawfully source funding, process your donors and beneficiaries’ personal data, and even your employees and suppliers’ personal data. Personal information is a valuable asset for different organisations, including non profits. Your data protection compliance will ensure that you can continue to process that crucial information and carry out your non profit’s functions.
We have done extensive work with different organisations, helping them become compliant by equipping them with the tools and knowledge they need. We have researched and found the specific ways that non profits require assistance in creating awareness and complying with data protection laws.
There is so much information available on complying with data protection laws that it’s hard to know where to start. We help you navigate your way around this information by distilling it and showing you the steps you can take that will most likely help you. We’ve called this our Data Protection for Non Profits Programme and lens. The lens takes all the insights we’ve provided in our main data protection compliance programme (a programme that’s typically meant for bigger and different organisations) and shapes it into a manageable size for non profits.
Outcomes of the Data Protection for non profits lens
We can help you achieve the following outcomes with our Data Protection for Non Profits Programme:
- Raise your awareness by learning about the data protection laws that apply to your non profit organisation.
- Protect people from harm by putting the necessary controls in place and protecting their personal data.
- Reduce the risks of non-compliance by complying with the data protection laws that apply to your non profit organisation.
Who should join or attend?
Our Data Protection for Non Profits Programme is worth joining for anyone who:
- Is involved in advising, funding or helping non profits.
- Helps run a non profit.
- Is a Compliance Officer, an Information Officer, or a Data Protection Officer for a non profit.
How do you join or attend?
Our Data Protection for Non Profits Programme is available online and as an in-person workshop. We can either do it as a public workshop where a number of non profits attend or as a private workshop. For the private workshop you’d be able to ask us to either present it at your premises or online, where you can join remotely.
What do we cover?
- Insights on what data protection laws to comply with and when.
- The tools to help you comply.
- An understanding of how data protection affects the different activities of a non profit.
- The different levels of impact data protection will have on your organisation.
- Some quick wins to do to get you started on your data protection compliance journey.
If you are interested, please complete the form on the right or enquire now. We will contact you to find out more about your requirements and give you a quote.
Thank you for the most informative seminar. The speakers were excellent and the supporting documents and practical tips also excellent.
I really learnt so much from the Data Protection for non profits lens!
The Data Protection for non profits lens was really useful and meaningful.