People and organisations interact electronically (for example over the Internet) all the time. There are laws which govern electronic disclosures, consents, and signatures – the ways people can reach agreement through computers and the Internet. Agreement is important to prevent disputes, enable collaboration, and is legally required in many situations. Website checkboxes, electronic signatures, and privacy notices on websites allow people to achieve consensus and reach agreement. But, these electronic solutions have to be implemented correctly to be valid.
We offer a practical electronic consents, disclosures, and signatures webinar. We do not lecture about the law. We give you guidance and insight about how to comply with it.
- Know what electronic signatures, consents, and disclosures are
- Understand the difference between electronic consents and disclosures
- Know the difference between advanced and ordinary electronic signatures
- Be able to decide whether you need to use an advanced electronic signatures or not
- Work out what kinds of electronic signatures, consents, and disclosures are appropriate in what circumstances
Who should attend and why?
- Service providers
- Electronic signature users
- Legal advisers
- Compliance officers
- Anyone trying to comply with data protection laws
When is the next Electronic Consents, Disclosures, and Signatures webinar?
We haven’t yet set a date for our next live webinar. If you’d like to attend a webinar on this topic, send us an email asking us to set another date. All you need is a good internet connection.
What do we cover?
- What are the different kinds of electronic signatures, consents and disclosures?
- The laws relating to electronic signatures, consents and disclosures, including POPI and the ECT Act
- When electronic signatures, consents and disclosures are acceptable and implementable
- Functions and reliability of electronic signatures, consents and disclosures
- How to verify the identity of the electronic signature as well as authentication in opposition to verification
- How reliable are electronic signatures, consents, and disclosures?
- How to use electronic signatures, consents, and disclosures practically
- Demonstrations of how they work
- Examples of how to sign specific documents e.g. sale agreements, resolutions, client mandates and share certificates