Are you looking for a legal compliance audit? The purpose of a compliance audit is to compare you against a specific law, rule, code or standard, and find specific gaps that you should correct. We have years or experience doing various compliance audits on specific focus areas. We also offer assessments, but that is something different.
- Intellectual Property Audit (to identify, protect and enables exploitation of your valuable IP)
- Electronic Process Audit (to ensure that an automatic or electronic process is lawful and binding)
- Plain Language Document Audit (we audit your existing documents and where necessary convert existing documents into plain language without losing legal effect or weakening your rights)
- Social Media Audit (will establish the current state of affairs regards social media and your organisation)
- Website Audit (we ascertain the extent to which the organisation’s website complies with applicable law)
- Monitoring Audit (assess your compliance with RICA)
- Electronic Communications and Transactions Audit (to ensure the legality of transactions that you conclude electronically (including contracting by email and SMS), the legal issues around electronic VAT invoices and email)
- Information Sensitivity Audit (to identify what “sensitive” information you possess, what laws apply to such information and how to restrict access to and handle it)
- Document Imaging Audit (to check the organisation’s document imaging practices)
- Access to Information Audit (to check compliance with access to information or freedom of information laws)
- IT Goods or Services Audit (the acquisition, management and disposal of IT goods and services)
- Information Security Audit (to check your compliance with information security law)
We sometimes do a combination of the audits and that is usually called an IT Legal Audit (we audit your compliance wth IT law generally).
A Compliance Audit involves a GAP Analysis
We perform a GAP analysis where we:
- assess the extent to which an organisation is compliant with applicable law, and
- assess the associated legal risks.
Where necessary, we recommend solutions which would ensure compliance with South African regulatory requirements and implement best practice where sound business practice, rather than a legal requirement, dictate that risk be managed.
A Report including a Compliance Action Plan
We deliver a report detailing your current status, ideal status and legal and compliance gaps. And it highlights risks and makes recommendations in the form of a Compliance Action Plan.