Do you need help with legal compliance? We can help you to practically and effectively comply with the laws, rules, codes or standards that apply to you (especially data protection laws (like POPI), IT laws, cyber crime and cyber security and plain language laws). We do this by following our four step compliance process.
The Governing Body’s Responsibility regards Compliance
- set the direction (or strategy) for how the organisation should approach and address compliance,
- approve policy that gives effect to its direction and identifies the non-binding rules, codes and standards the organisation adopts,
- delegate to management the responsibility to manage compliance effectively,
- oversee compliance, including that the organisation:
- consider receiving periodic independent assurances on the effectiveness of compliance management,
- disclose the governance and management of compliance by the organisation, including an overview, focus areas, actions taken and plans,
- disclose material or repeated regulatory penalties, sanctions or fines for non-compliance,
- disclose any inspections by environmental regulators, findings of non-compliance and criminal sanctions or prosecutions. (Watch Before the Flood for the context of this practice).
There is a broad, transparent approach to compliance
The Michalsons Legal Compliance Process
Our process is insightful, entrepreneurial, and will reduce your overall costs. We have a “faster to market” practical approach. We have developed an approach to legal compliance projects that is both rigorous and pragmatic. It is simpler and quicker than most others. We help you to achieve the most, at the least cost. The benefits of using Michalsons include:
- Get expert practical legal advice, support, guidance, tools and templates
- Fast track your efforts
- Reduce your overall cost of legal compliance by using your resources as much as possible
Lawyers should be judged on what they lawfully enable and not what they block
The four steps are:
If you are interested in us helping you through the process, complete the form on the left or contact us. We can give you details about how we can help with any step in the process and a fixed price quote.
Legal Compliance Assessments and Audits we offer
Are you looking for a legal audit or legal compliance audit or assessment? We offer various different legal compliance audits.
We can also help you with compliance monitoring, which will help you to respond to changes in the regulatory environment.
If you are interested, please complete the form on the right or enquire now. We will contact you to find out more about your requirements and give you a quote.