As a law firm that focusses on privacy, data protection, confidentiality and the protection of intellectual property, we take these issues very seriously. We also know how important confidentiality and privilege is to you. We are professional legal advisers governed by the law society’s rules and must keep the affairs of present and former clients confidential (unless otherwise required by law). We give independent legal advice that is confidential, privileged and protected.
If you are still reading this policy, you obviously really care about your privacy. We’re really pleased that someone is reading our policy, so as a reward we’ll send you a gift (like a complimentary pack of webcam cover stickers to protect your online privacy). Simply email us, letting us know that you found this and your delivery address, and we’ll get them delivered to you.
The Personal Information we Collect
- While you use this website, we may collect your personal information or you may provide it to us (for example by enquiring or subscribing to our newsletter). For example, your name, email address or telephone number.
- To send you a quote or invoice you, we might collect your publicly available personal information from the Internet. For example, your address or VAT registration number.
- We are required by law to verify the identity of our clients. So we may ask you to provide us with various personal information.
We sometimes use “cookies”. “Cookies” are programs that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive. They enable us to improve interactivity with the website. The purpose of “cookies” is to enhance your future visits to our website. You can set your browser to notify you if “cookies” are to be transferred or to reject “cookies” but this may prevent your use of some of our web pages.
Cookies only store information from your browser, they cannot access data on your hard drive. Cookies are text files that cannot transfer viruses to your computer or mobile device.
How we use your Personal Information
We may use your personal information to:
- respond to your enquires,
- send you a quote for our legal solutions,
- verify your identity,
- provide you with our services,
- improve our service to you by analysing it for trends,
- invite you to attend events we hold,
- send you updates on the latest legal developments, and
- send you marketing material (including electronic communications) relating to other solutions you might be interested in. You can unsubscribe from our newsletter at any time and thereafter we will not market to you.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We are not in the business of selling personal information and therefore we will not disclose your personal information to anyone except as provided in this policy.
- We may for marketing purposes disclose or transfer your personal information to our agencies.
- It may be necessary for us to disclose or transfer your personal information to suppliers, affiliates, partners or agents in order to provide you with our services.
- We will obviously need to disclose your personal information to employees of ours who require it to do their jobs. We make sure they are aware of and take their confidentiality obligations seriously. They are contractually bound to keep all confidential information confidential.
- There may be situations where the law requires us to disclose your personal information. In all other situations, we will not disclose your personal information without notifying you and enabling you to object.
Security of Personal Information
We take all reasonable and appropriate measures to keep your personal information secure. For example, we encrypt our laptops and our phones. However, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of it. We back-up all your personal information on a regular basis.
We will inspect all emails you contact us with via the email addresses that we provide on this website. We do this to check for viruses, and reserve the right to monitor and inspect all material and information transmitted over our system. We may also monitor whether you read emails that we send you.
Access to and Correction of Personal Information
You may access and correct, if necessary, your personal information that we hold by emailing us.