A Publishing Agreement is a legal contract between a publisher and an author to publish a written work. There are lots of variants. It may involve a single written work, or a series. One author or many. A Publishing Agreement deals with important issues and often relates to not only the publishing, but also the promotion of a work.
Who is the Publishing Agreement suitable for?
Any publisher of works (like books, guides, manuals). It is crucial that every publisher sign a publishing agreement with each author, especially to deal with copyright.
What you get?
The agreement will be:
- drafted in plain language so you can understand it
- up-to-date with the latest law
- includes the latest alternative dispute resolution clause
- in editable format so you can make changes
- cleverly structured depending on your requirements
What is the process to draft it?
- We will ask you various questions and gather the necessary information.
- We create the necessary document customised for you. You review and approve it.
- We send you a final version of the agreement and the relevant people sign them.
Are you an author negotiating with a publisher?
We can help you to negotiate the contract with the publisher.