Are you looking for a Non Disclosure Agreement? The overall objective with a Confidentiality Agreement or Non Disclosure Agreement (NDA) is to prevent the disclosure of the confidential information that a discloser provides to a recipient. We can provide you with a ready to sign once off document or a template tailored for your requirements. We do charge for this template, as we ensure that you will receive a document that is:
- Professional, good quality and is well drafted by experts
- Editable – so that you can change it for your specific needs
- Up-to-date with the latest laws and includes up-to-date clauses
- Short and in plain language, but still comprehensive
Summary of a Non Disclosure Agreement
There are many good reasons why you need to disclose confidential information to someone. With this agreement template, you can contractually bind the people to whom you disclose confidential information not to disclose it.
- Protect your ideas and information
- Prevent people from disclosing your information
- Comply with your legal responsibilities
Who is a Non Disclosure Agreement suitable for?
Anyone who wants to prevent the disclosure of the confidential information that they provide to someone else.
The Different Kinds of NDAs
There are generally two kinds of NDAs:
- Unilateral (or one way) – only you are providing confidential information to someone else. Confidential information is only going one way – from you to them. Therefore, there are unilateral obligations on them not to disclose it.
- Reciprocal (or two-way) – each party is providing confidential information to the other. Confidential information is only going two ways – from you to them, and from them to you. Therefore, there are reciprocal obligations on each party not to disclose the confidential information each receives.
Depending on the circumstances you should use one or the other. You do not want to create obligations for yourself to keep things confidential unless you have to. So, you should use the unilateral one unless the other party will be providing you with confidential information or asks for a reciprocal agreement.