We can help resolve domain name disputes or cybersquatting, and with the transfer of a domain name. There is quite a lot of law that relates to domain names and it has become a specialist area. We have extensive expertise and practical experience with domain names. We have been involved in many domain name disputes over many years. It is one of our focus areas.
How can we help you with domain name disputes?
Our services will help you to:
- Get a domain name that you want. We can tell you what the best approach is to get a domain. We can draft and send a Letter of Demand if necessary to a registrant. We can also draft and lay a complaint against an abusive registration.
- Protect your trademarks, brand and business.
- Defend yourself from a person who is demanding you transfer a domain to them. We can provide you with an opinion on:
- who the lawful registrant is of a specific domain name,
- your chances of successfully defending and retaining your domain name, or
- your best strategy to defend yourself. If they lay a complaint against you, we can draft and file a response to it.
- Transfer (or sell) a domain name by concluding a Domain Name Transfer Agreement.
- Lease a domain name to someone by concluding a Domain Name Lease Agreement.
- We provide domain name escrow services (acting as an escrow agent). For top level domains (like a .com) it is best to use an online escrow agent (like escrow.com), but for .co.za domains there is no online escrow agent. So we can perform that role for you in South Africa.
Please complete the form on the right or Enquire Now. We will contact you to find out more about your requirements and give you a quote.
- We have successfully demanded or negotiated the transfer of many domains, including high profile ones.
- We have laid complaints for both top level and generic domains.
- We have defended people against complaints.
- One of our attorneys used to sit on the board of ICANN.