All organisations process information. The law of information security includes rules, codes, and standards about how you should protect information as well as the information systems that you use to process it. The legal risks can be considerable if you don’t follow a practical approach. Our solutions can help you to minimize these risks and to understand information security law.
We offer a short and useful information security webinar that will prepare you to comply with the various information security laws. We will not give you a law lecture – we give you practical guidance and insight on what to do.
- Know your responsibilities that are relevant to the various information security laws (such as the GDPR in the EU, DPA in the UK, or POPIA in South Africa)
- Be aware of the consequences of not complying properly
- Recognize the biggest risks to your organisation
- Take various steps to comply with the information security laws to avoid legal risks
Who should attend?
- Risk managers
- IT managers
- IT operators
- IT security officers
- Information (protection) officers
- IT governance officers
- Compliance officers
- Legal advisors
When is the Information Security Webinar?
We haven’t yet set a date for our next live webinar. If you’d like to attend a webinar on this topic, send us an email asking us to set another date. All you need is a good internet connection. You may be interested in joining our Information Security Compliance Programme.
What do we cover?
- Which information has to be secure?
- What must you comply with? Which information security laws are relevant?
- What is appropriate and reasonable information security?
- The responsible party, the operator and the relationship between them
- How to deal with incidents and notify people
- How to reduce fines by implementing good policies
- The top legal risks and their consequences
- Action items
- The consequences of not complying with the regulations