What is the most valuable asset in your organisation? Perhaps you feel it is your staff or your equipment. But, for more and more organisations – information is their most valuable asset. We do business in an information economy and you hold precious information in the form of business records, customer databases, and intellectual property. You hire security personnel, install CCTV cameras, and have policies to protect your staff and equipment, but are you doing enough to protect your information?
Information security law is the area of law that asks whether you are protecting your information sufficiently. If a data breach happens, the relevant authority will want to know what steps you took to comply with information security law. Our ‘Information Security Compliance Programme’ is a four week online course with related tools to help you do this.
How it works
Once you enquire about the course, we’ll contact you to find out more about your organisation and help you decide whether its right for you. If it is right for you, we’ll send you the invoice, wait for you to pay, and then sign you up for the course. When the course starts, you’ll be able to:
- participate in live webinars – attend a one hour live webinar each week, ask your questions, and have them answered in real-time
- review course notes – read the course notes from the webinar in the private members area of our website
- download tools – download information security related tools, including our list of action items, information security policy, and incident response policy
Watch to find out more
- use private forum – ask info security compliance related questions on our private forum
- watch video recordings – watch video recordings of each webinar any time after they’ve happened
- get a completion certificate – at the end of the course, we’ll send you a completion certificate to show that you’ve finished it
Read more about what a Compliance Programme is.
How it benefits you
This course gives you a leg up when it comes to complying with information security laws, because it has the following features:
- interactive presentations – enjoy webinars from the comfort of your own device, participate in polls, and have your questions answered
- online content – simple content available directly through your browser
- short duration – only four modules over four weeks
- self-paced – lets you go back over content and learn at your own pace
- curated tools – the best tools from our larger library of document templates
- provable participation – gives you something to show the relevant authority that you’ve thought about this issue thoroughly
What it covers
The course covers information security broadly, over four modules beginning with a live webinar on the Tuesday of each week at 10h00:
- Week 1 – Thursday 7 June 2018 at 10h00: Information has value
- Week 2 – Thursday 14 June 2018 at 10h00: Data protection laws require information security
- Week 3 – Thursday 21 June at 10h00: The art and science of information security law compliance
- Week 4 – Thursday 28 June 2018 at 10h00: Incident response readiness
To download a free four page executive summary of our compliance programme for yourself or to show to your director, manager or another executive, simply fill in the form below and we’ll email you your free executive summary.
How much it costs
The programme contains our products and services worth more than R50 000. We’re offering it to you for R15,927.00 incl. VAT for up to three people from the same organisation. That’s a saving of just over R34 000, less than R5 500 per person, and includes tools that your entire organisation can use.