What is the most valuable asset in your organisation? Perhaps you feel it is your staff or your equipment. But, for more and more organisations – information is their most valuable asset. We do business in an information economy and you hold precious information in the form of business records, customer databases, and intellectual property. You hire security personnel, install CCTV cameras, and have policies to protect your staff and equipment, but are you doing enough to protect your information?
Information security law is the area of law that asks whether you are protecting your information sufficiently. If a data breach happens, the relevant authority will want to know what steps you took to comply with information security law. Our ‘Information Security Compliance Programme’ is a four week online course with related tools to help you do this.
How it works
Once you enquire about the course, we’ll contact you to find out more about your organisation and help you decide whether its right for you. If it is right for you, we’ll send you the invoice, wait for you to pay, and then sign you up for the course. When the course starts, you’ll be able to:
- participate in live webinars – attend a one hour live webinar each week, ask your questions, and have them answered in real-time
- review course notes – read the course notes from the webinar in the private members area of our website
- download tools – download information security related tools, including our list of action items, information security policy, and incident response policy
- use private forum – ask information security compliance related questions on our private forum
- watch video recordings – watch video recordings of each webinar any time after they’ve happened
- get a completion certificate – at the end of the course, we’ll send you a completion certificate to show that you’ve finished it
How it benefits you
This course gives you a leg up when it comes to complying with information security laws, because it has the following features:
- interactive presentations – enjoy webinars from the comfort of your own device, participate in polls, and have your questions answered
- online content – simple content available directly through your browser
- short duration – only four modules over four weeks
- self-paced – lets you go back over content and learn at your own pace
- curated tools – the best tools from our larger library of document templates
- provable participation – gives you something to show the relevant authority that you’ve thought about this issue thoroughly
What it covers
The course covers information security broadly, over four modules beginning with a live webinar on the Tuesday of each week at 10h00:
- Week 1 – Introduction – Tuesday 6 February 2018 at 10h00: what is information security?; why is information security important?; the art and science of information security law; and the road ahead
- Week 2 – Laws – Tuesday 13 February 2018 at 10h00: GDPR; POPIA; obligations; identify risks; identify safeguards; create safeguards; verify safeguards; update safeguards
- Week 3 – Aspects – Tuesday 20 February 2018 at 10h00: physical; digital; operational; and administrative safeguards
- Week 4 – Incident response – Tuesday 27 February 2018 at 10h00: identify; report; respond; evaluate
How much it costs
The programme contains our products and services worth more than R50 000. We’re offering it to you for an introductory price of only R9 927 incl. VAT if you sign up and pay before 30 November 2017. That’s a saving of more than R5 000, because after that date – it reverts to our standard price of R15,927.00 incl. VAT.
Ready to sign up? Enquire now and we’ll get started.