The Cybercrimes Bill has been tabled in Parliament. The latest version of the Bill is an improvement from the previous versions, however, it is still very concerning. If the Cybercrimes Bill is passed as it currently is, it will have a significantly negative effect on all South Africans. We offer a practical webinar to help organisations get up to speed quickly with the latest developments on this new law.
- Raise your awareness by getting a high-level overview of the latest version of the Cybercrimes Bill.
- Identify key issues with the Cybercrimes Bill and the potential negative impact of this Bill on your organisation by asking questions and seeing what others are concerned about.
- Determine what actions you need to take now and in the future and how Michalsons can help you.
Who should attend?
- Compliance officers – to effectively comply with the Cybercrimes Bill.
- Legal or regulatory advisors – (corporate lawyers or in-house lawyers) – to provide good legal advice on cybercrime issues.
- Information security officers and managers – to ensure that you understand your obligations.
- Risk officers and managers – to manage cyber-related risks.
- IT Governance officers – to ensure governance is in line with the offences.
- IT professionals – to ensure they lawfully deal with various software and hardware tools.
- IT vendors – to ensure they are not selling tools that can be used to commit offences.
- Anyone tasked with cybercrime protection – to perform your role effectively.
Cyber criminals and terrorists are NOT welcome. We’ll hold a separate special event just for them.
Which organisations should be interested and why?
- Service providers – anyone who may be an ECSP
- Electronic Communications Providers – to understand their responsibilities
- ISPs – anyone who could be an internet service provider
- Financial institutions (including banks) – to understand their responsibilities
- Insurance providers – to understand their responsibilities
- Civil rights groups – to understand the impact on civil rights, like privacy and freedom of expression
- Media companies – to stop journalists from committing cyber crimes
- Direct marketers – to know how not to commit cyber crimes
When is the next Cybercrime Law Webinar?
Join our free live webinar on: 22 November 2018 | 10:00am – 11:00am | Register here
What do we cover?
- A high-level overview of the latest version of the Cybercrimes Bill.
- We will poll the audience to establish common issues that many have.
- We outline our main concerns with it and give attendees an opportunity to raise theirs.
- The high-level impact on different organisations, including ECSPs and financial institutions.
- How Michalsons can help you take the actions you need to take.